Monday, April 5, 2010

Math Books



Dear Parents & Students,
I thought I would let you know about two great math books that I have come across. The first is entitled "The Best of Times: Math Strategies That Multiply" by Greg Tang. This book is wonderful because it really helps kids master their multiplication tables. The focus of the book is not just repetition and memorization but more on helping children develop a sounder, more intuitive understanding of multiplication. For those students who need a little extra help with multiplication I found a good site called
Multiplication.com that has fun games to help you learn your times tables.
The second book "What Comes in 2's, 3's, and 4's?" is a great book which introduces numbers in a creative manner. It describes the various ways that numbers 2, 3, and 4 occur in daily life. Parents, when ordering from Scholastic please consider adding these books to your child's collection. They are great ways to encourage students who are not fond of math. I have a copy for our classroom and I am encouraging all students to sign them out at some point.

Your partner in education,
Mrs. Mulone

No comments:

Post a Comment